Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flash Gordon: Young Treeman (Peter Duncan)

Posted by old bluffer 
Flash Gordon: Young Treeman (Peter Duncan)
June 13, 2005 12:00AM
Re: Flash Gordon: Young Treeman (Peter Duncan)
March 17, 2006 02:37PM
Peter Duncan is currently appearing in the UK on primetime TV as part of Channel 4's "Celebrity Games". I must be getting really old as "Young Treeman" is the only "celebrity" that I actually recognise!
As part of the competition he will have to do waterski jumping, kendo, 10m high dive, speed skating and more - not too bad for a 51 year old!

Peter Duncan's page on Channel 4: [www.channel4.com]
Mr. Briggs Inc.
March 30, 2006 01:24PM
Barin's sword slashed through the Treeman, killing him, I believe that this would be a legitimate category. Also, would this count as "Riddle"? (Or perhaps "Dilemma")?
March 30, 2006 03:06PM
The role of the sword does have to be taken into account, you're right. I think it was a stab rather than a slash though...
It definitely isn't "dilemma", as Barin doesn't really care, he just makes the offer to excecute the coup de gras and it is accepted.
I don't think "riddle" applies either, as the trial isn't a puzzle, it is just pure chance and therefore can't be solved by talent or wit (other than not being so dopey as to leave your arm in for so long the Treebeast bites you out of sheer irritation!)
Riddle has proven to be a somewhat rare category...
Mr. Briggs Inc.
April 09, 2006 09:37PM
I'm sorry for maybe getting into my old habits but you actually admitted that I had a point that the sword had to be taken into account and may have forgotten to add this as well as the killer.
April 10, 2006 11:33AM
Sorry, category and killer now added :blush:
November 14, 2007 11:16PM
I've u-turned and decided "Riddle" does apply after all.
I hate to be a know-it-all(actually not trure, I do);however, I used to watch Blue Peter around about the time when Peter Duncan was a co-presenter which was around the same time Flash Gordon came out in the Cinema. I remember watching Flash Gordon with my cousins and us laughing about him being from Blue Peter. At our age, it wasn't cool to like the show!

What I am trying to say, I think he was already on Blue Peter before he did Flash Gordon. If my memory still serves me, I believe they actually did a story on it with a set visit.
March 07, 2008 07:50PM

I think he was already on Blue Peter before he did Flash Gordon. If my memory still serves me, I believe they actually did a story on it with a set visit.
You could be right, but it must have been very close to the time.

BBC website
His most famous role came just before he joined Blue Peter in the 1980 film Flash Gordon. He played 'Young Treeman', a character that met with a grisly death - having his hand bitten off by an alien critter.

Of course his hand doesn't get bitten off, but I love how his most famous role is "young treeman" smiling smiley
March 19, 2008 08:02PM
Hee hee, looks like people are starting to use the MDDB as an authoritative reference guide: [answers.yahoo.com]
In this case though, I made up the name of "Trial by Treebeast" cool smiley
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 21 plus 17?