Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Matrix Revolutions, The: Agent Smith (Hugo Weaving)

Posted by Mr Mouseburger 
Matrix Revolutions, The: Agent Smith (Hugo Weaving)
March 23, 2006 11:51PM
Comments for death : Matrix Revolutions, The: Agent Smith (Hugo Weaving).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2006 08:15PM by Mr Mouseburger.
What happened was that apparently since Smith had gone rogue he couldn't be located and deleted by the Deus Ex Machina (which is the name of the leader of 01, or possibly the real reason smith was able to be killed) but in any event once he copied himself onto Neo the machines were able to delete him through Neo and as a result get rid of the rest.

Or so that's what i've been told.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2006 08:15PM by Mr Mouseburger.
Re: Matrix Revolutions, The: Agent Smith (Hugo Weaving)
March 24, 2006 01:27PM
Cheers wolf,

ok, so the ending is about man and machines working together to defeat a greater foe?! is that why the machine carries him off at the end, as a sort of "thank you"?

i have to say, i was very disappointed with the sequels - the original was actually very stylish, but then it just went "up its own arse" and started creating some weird metaphysical loops.

i do like this parody script though, which sums up the absurdity brilliantly.

Mouseburger

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2006 08:15PM by Mr Mouseburger.
June 08, 2006 05:04PM
I can explain kind of what happened.

After Neo got turned into Smith, the machines decided to pump him full of energy. Which, um, goes into the Matrix and destroys Neo's Smith. Then, presumably because Smith is a shared being (i.e. he is multiple people), the energy transferred begins to destroy the Smiths.

That was a tad confusing. So basically, Neo gets pumped with energy to destroy the Smiths. Which frys Neo in addition to killing the Smiths.
It could also tie back to what the Oracle said about the Matrix trying to balance itself. Due to the void created by Neo's death, the Matrix "balanced" itself by destroying the unbalancing factor: Smith. Seems to sorta tie back to the even though there isn't any such thing as fate, Things just "happen." (eg - the architect says trinity will die," but it seems like neo saves her in the second movie, only for her to die in the end anyway. Or the fact that neo didnt return to the source when he was supposed to, and instead ended up dying, taking the "unbalancing factor" with him.
Is his Archetype Baddy (Major)?
September 02, 2007 10:49AM
September 02, 2007 09:34PM
Yes, he is for sure Baddy Major.

-----------------------------------
The name's Bond, James Bond.
[billtheman.dvdaf.com]

I sort of lauded that his death had a 'hulk' epiphany to it; that Neo could only defeat him through him vainly obtaining what he wanted, thus making Neo less one dimensional in both the Matrix and in the present world.

So, in the end - good concept, bad execution.
January 20, 2011 11:10PM
Actually Neo exploited a glitch in the Matrix. It states that if an equation doesn't have something to balance it out, it will be erased. Neo and Smith were opposite sides of the equation so by killing Neo, Smith essentially killed himself.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 16 plus 21?