Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gran Torino: Walt Kowalski (Clint Eastwood)

Posted by Mr Mouseburger 
Gran Torino: Walt Kowalski (Clint Eastwood)
March 05, 2010 10:08PM
Re: Gran Torino: Walt Kowalski (Clint Eastwood)
March 06, 2010 01:55AM
I remember this scene being far, far more awesome than what you described. First off this is probably the saddest movie death I've seen. I got enough of Dirty Harry is the "get off my lawn" scene. I also loved the twist and then how he sings the song during the credits.
March 06, 2010 11:57AM
I am not saying it was a bad scene, but at the end of the day the result is an old man is gunned down.....I actually enjoyed the film, Eastwood said that this would be his last film as an actor, and if so, then it is a fine film to sign off with!

Without wishing to sound like a film studies graduate, I quite liked the fact that Kowalski decides that dying a slow lingering death is not for him, and so he decides to let himself get gunned down by young Koreans - a nice contrast to his life, which was haunted by dark memories of gunning down young Koreans.
March 13, 2010 12:04AM
Oh okay. I thought that's what you meant since that's what the review seemed like.
Shut the F up no you shut the F up
I agree with you all, but the 3 main reasons he did it the way he did are

A: He was already dying from lung cancer

B: He didn't want the boy he'd befriended having to go to prison for the idea he suggested

C: He didn't want the boy's reputation as an overall good person to be tarnished by this.
June 24, 2010 07:08PM
Does this deserve a "Disease" category? It didn't kill him but he did have a disease when he died.
His archetype is Ambivalent.
The aren't Korean immigrants, they are H'mong people from Vietnam, this is quite important as they were on the US side in the conflict, therefore 'friends', which adds to the challenges Walt faces as he copes with the complexities of them looking (to his mind - though anyone who knows Asian people knows they don't) like the Koreans he once killed.

Pretty basic error in the review. Not to mention the motivational issues set out by another poster.

Epic fail I'm afraid.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 11?