Robocop: Alex J. Murphy (Peter Weller)
June 10, 2005 11:00PM
Won't disappoint you! Here is some measly feedback!!
Loved that movie and Peter Weller- great death scene- amazing how the dummy looked so much like Weller, must've been kind of weird for him too. Wonder if he got to take a pot shot at it????
Re: Robocop: Alex J. Murphy (Peter Weller)
January 21, 2006 12:49PM
Are you saying it was an animatronic dummy? if so, then that was very impressive -
I always assumed that, apart from the hand (which had to be prosthetic), it was squibs and nice camera work that created the effect.

For me, it is a memorable death scene, as despite seeing countless deaths in countless films, i still remember this one for its sheer brutality.

Mouseburger
January 24, 2006 12:18AM
Definitely. Especially when they show it from Murphy's perspective, seeing the sheer joyful hatred and unabashed murderous glee in the eyes of those who would murder him. It gave you a lot of sympathy for the guy later on, especially when fighting Red (I love him in that 70's show) at the end.
Yep Mouseburger, it was a dummy- the scene were Boddicker's gang was blowing him away, that was the fake Weller. I think the scene were he is dead, is the dummy as well.
Mr. Briggs Inc.
April 29, 2006 12:37PM
Since they said every part of Murphy (sans the face) was to be thrown way isn't this more of a "Reincarnation"?

Trivia: Even HBO had to trim a few parts off! (At least the version I saw) This also applies to Mr. Kinney, [www.moviedeaths.com] even in the HBO version, I didn't see him laying bloody on the ground.

P.S. Not being the most computer-savvy person, How do you put a link on a word itself?
May 04, 2006 08:44PM

Since they said every part of Murphy (sans the face) was to be thrown way

i dont think this is the case is it? after all he has to eat baby food in order to keep his vital organs alive.

ok, he has a tough exo-skeleton, but i think that underneath he is still the same Alex Murphy, which is a sub-plot of the film really.

wrt the version of the film - i have the criterion edition, which is considerably more violent than the ordinary version.

Mr. Briggs Inc.
May 04, 2006 08:54PM
Then explain Vader. You can argue that Murphy's mind-frame is the same, but, if you analyze the film, it most definitely isn't (At least not completely), and although the organs stayed mostly intact, (INCONCEIVABLE!) Murphy's external body is destroyed.
May 04, 2006 09:52PM
heh, you are enjoying those links Mr Briggswinking smiley

Vader is slightly different - but there will always be exceptions to the rules. For me, Vader transforms both physically and mentally. The good person that was Anakin Skywalker is replaced by the throat crushing, asthma suffering Vader.

Therefore i would say this is fair to call a reincarnation
Mr. Briggs Inc.
May 04, 2006 10:20PM
But Anakin had gone to the dark side before he was transformed, he would have crushed nameless admirals necks before if he were authorized to, The Vader suit just gave him more menace and authority.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 5?