Advanced

Taken: Marko (Arben Bajraktaraj)

Posted by Mr Mouseburger 
Taken: Marko (Arben Bajraktaraj)
November 24, 2009 11:35PM
Re: Taken: Marko (Arben Bajraktaraj)
November 25, 2009 04:12AM
I kept thinking of Darkman when I read this one:

Rick: Oh, god! Don't! I've told you everything!
Darkman: [softly] I know, Rick. I know you did.
[furiously]
Darkman: But let's pretend you didn't!

Great film.
November 26, 2009 01:22PM
Man I uploaded this one but I failed. Ah well. I even used the joke for how stupid Marko is to deny Mills' mercy. "If there's one thing Commando taught us it's that you should never, ever, ever mess with the daughter of an ex-army soldier."
November 26, 2009 05:41PM
Yes there is an element of Commando about this tale I grant you, but Liam Neeson's rampage in France is nothing compared to Matrix's finale in Commando, where he singlehandly takes out the Banana republic's entire army with an M60. It is beautifully summed up by -

General: "left anything for us?"
Matrix: [in thick germanic accent] "only bodies...."

I LOVE Commando :armed:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2009 05:42PM by Mr Mouseburger.
November 28, 2009 03:55PM
Ditto. But still it's a tale of caution that tells you that you should not mess with any ex-soldier.
January 06, 2010 07:39PM
I've added a good quote about electricty bills, and also some grabs (courtesy of a generous friend sorting out my computer and giving me some decent DVD screengrab software).

I agree with Flashpenny, I watched this on DVD the other night and was struck by how much of a modern remake of Commando it was.

I was tickled thoughout, from things like:

- at least one girl gets kidnapped at Charles de Gaulle aiport a day.
- Liam Neeson's amazingly subtle questioning of the airport "spotter" (he just starts punching him in a taxi, in broad daylight)
- having the most minimal clues push the plot forwards. eg: once he hears "construction site" in Albanian, he finds the exact place in Paris!
- speaking of which, could those Albanians have created a ranker knocking shop? There surely can't be much profit in having your clientele go to a filthy contstruction site to get jiggy with even filthier drugged up girls!
- the wholly inappropriate happy ending - Kim has recently been drugged, thoroughly traumatised and her friend has been killed, but she's all smiles when she's taken to see Holly Valance!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 13 plus 25?