Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dark Knight, The: Rachel Dawes (Maggie Gyllenhaal)

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Dark Knight, The: Rachel Dawes (Maggie Gyllenhaal)
September 15, 2008 05:51PM
Re: Dark Knight, The: Rachel Dawes (Maggie Gyllenhaal)
December 02, 2008 01:48PM
I'm pretty sure that the "in one place or in several" line is in reference to Harvey Dent, not Rachel Dawes. The Joker doesn't mention Rachel until the end of the scene when he tells Batman that he's going to have to make a choice.
I saw this again last night and can confirm that, Rachel is only mentioned later in the conversation.
Re: Dark Knight, The: Rachel Dawes (Maggie Gyllenhaal)
November 29, 2009 03:21PM
Hey, if we've got Rachel can we get Two-Face there too?
I definitely think you should add Harvey Dent / Twoface's death on here. As well as this, I also feel there are two characters in this film who should have died but didn't and should therefore have a Cheating Death write-up:
The first is obviously the Joker, the film's main villain. No matter how many times I watch this film, I still don't know why Batman lets him drop and then decides to save him at the last moment, even if it's so he can be arrested. Just let him fall for God's sake, like he does in the original story. I know there was a possibility he'd return in the next film before Heath Ledger died, but despite the fact that he was a great villain, having him in a second film would be a bit of a character overkill in my opinion, which is why I feel that the Joker should have fallen to his death and ended on a high.
The second is Dr. Jonathan Crane / Scarecrow. I love Cillian Murphy's portrayal of Scarecrow in Batman Begins and I also like the fact that he escapes at the end. He makes a good cameo appearance at the start of The Dark Knight, and the fact that he gets captured again by Batman would have been sufficient comeuppance for him until the next film. However, since The Dark Knight Rises came out, Scarecrow seems to have been kept alive for no good reason because he really doesn't add anything to this film at all. In fact, I would have preferred it if Scarecrow hadn't been in TDKR at all because his role is so ridiculously minor it's almost pointless, and unlike in The Dark Knight, he doesn't have any on-screen punishment in this film. I feel Scarecrow should have either had a bigger role in TDKR and then finally met his demise (seeing as he was a major villain in the first film and shouldn't escape punishment), or be killed at the start of The Dark Knight and not appear at all in TDKR.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 21 plus 10?