Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Iron Man: Obadiah Stane (Jeff Bridges)

Posted by old bluffer 
Iron Man: Obadiah Stane (Jeff Bridges)
June 04, 2008 03:19AM
Re: Iron Man: Obadiah Stane (Jeff Bridges)
June 04, 2008 04:34PM
Actually, the Iron Monger suit is just the Mark I suit that Stark escaped in re-built. Also, would Not Quite Dead be good for Stane's survival of his fall?

- Matt, who stayed for Samuel L. NickFuryin' Jackson's cameo.

-----------------

My DVD Aficionado page!

My reviews at ThatGuywiththeGlasses.com!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2008 04:36PM by Matt.
June 04, 2008 04:59PM
Are you sure? The prototype suit is shown in the film intact, leading to the joke from Pepper that she "thought it would be bigger", right before the real Iron Monger suit strides into view.

It's true that Stane never actually names himself as the Iron Monger in the film, but he does hint at it early on when he tells Stark "We're Iron Mongers!".

From WikiPedia:
"Two Iron Monger figures are featured in the initial Iron Man film toy line by Hasbro, one of which features removable armor that reveals Jeff Bridges' character."
[en.wikipedia.org]
June 04, 2008 05:18PM
Ah, maybe that's me mis-remembering then. Although you might want to mention that Obadiah made the Monger from Stark's original blueprint when he (well, his men anyway) kills Raza.

EDIT: This marks the 100th Explosion death.

-----------------

My DVD Aficionado page!

My reviews at ThatGuywiththeGlasses.com!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2008 05:23PM by Matt.
July 26, 2010 03:03AM
I think this ought to qualify as "Not Quite Dead..." since he plummets to his death due to the icing problem before attacking Stark again. I thought he was dead at that point.

Also I think it was Pepper who killed Stane, not Stark. Pepper was the one who activated the nuclear reactor which killed Stane.
CoinFlip
March 28, 2013 07:19PM
Yeah, Pepper DID kill him.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 22?