Advanced

300: King Leonidas (Gerard Butler)

Posted by Mr Mouseburger 
300: King Leonidas (Gerard Butler)
January 20, 2008 11:40PM
Re: 300: King Leonidas (Gerard Butler)
January 21, 2008 05:32PM
Should be "Projectile" instead

Bruno! Yes, yes, Lovely to hear from you too! No, no, ze vitness? Do not worry! I haff taken care of ze vitness. Yes, yes. Shoot him? What, ar-are you stupid? No, no I am not going to blow ze plane up! I... haff put snakes... on ze plane.
January 21, 2008 10:22PM
Good point Mr Briggs!! It has been a while and i am a bit rustywinking smiley
January 22, 2008 04:13PM
Well great to have you back, hope it's to stay this time!

Bruno! Yes, yes, Lovely to hear from you too! No, no, ze vitness? Do not worry! I haff taken care of ze vitness. Yes, yes. Shoot him? What, ar-are you stupid? No, no I am not going to blow ze plane up! I... haff put snakes... on ze plane.
January 23, 2008 05:15PM
What I really thought was silly was that Christ imagery as Leonidas lays dead. That struck me as cheesy in the extreme.

-----------------

My DVD Aficionado page!

My reviews at ThatGuywiththeGlasses.com!
July 03, 2008 02:04AM
Beautiful death couldn't come a such a better time
B.R.
July 23, 2010 09:32PM
Historically, there were over four thousand Greeks who stayed with the Spartans and died with them. And if you ask me, it's disrespectful in the extreme to just leave them out of the movie, even if it was dumb. I mean, while it's uber-macho to have them rush into battle wearing nothing except bulging loin-clothes, in real life they wore around forty pounds of gleaming bronze armor. And now that I think about it, they didn't use their swords for slashing as the movie portrays because bronze is bendy and can't hold an edge worth a crap.
November 06, 2010 12:07AM
Does anyone else find it kinda ironic (okay, maybe not truly ironic but I can't think of any other word) that this qualifies as a Blaze of Glory, both from the category and what the film-makers were going for, and yet Leonidas is probably the only Spartan there who didn't actually kill anybody?
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 14 plus 21?