Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Harry Potter and the Philosopher\'s Stone: Quirinus Quirrell (Ian Hart)

Posted by Mr Mouseburger 
Harry Potter and the Philosopher\'s Stone: Quirinus Quirrell (Ian Hart)
June 04, 2007 11:02PM
Re: Harry Potter and the Philosopher\'s Stone: Quirinus Quirrell (Ian Hart)
June 04, 2007 11:15PM
Maybe seperate that phrase a little? Huge white space going on there.

A little typo too - "making all the hard efforts off"

-----------------

My DVD Aficionado page!

My reviews at ThatGuywiththeGlasses.com!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2007 11:38AM by Matt.
A "tyop", Matt?

Baddy (Minor)? He was the host to Vol*emort!

Bruno! Yes, yes, Lovely to hear from you too! No, no, ze vitness? Do not worry! I haff taken care of ze vitness. Yes, yes. Shoot him? What, ar-are you stupid? No, no I am not going to blow ze plane up! I... haff put snakes... on ze plane.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2007 03:24AM by Mr. Briggs Inc..
June 05, 2007 11:39AM
Mr. Briggs Inc.
A "tyop", Matt?
Oh, the irony. :crazy:

-----------------

My DVD Aficionado page!

My reviews at ThatGuywiththeGlasses.com!
Mr. Briggs Inc.
Baddy (Minor)? He was the host to Vol*emort!

Indeed he was. But he himself was still just a stooge of Voldemort.
So would this mean a seperate writeup for Vol*emort?

Bruno! Yes, yes, Lovely to hear from you too! No, no, ze vitness? Do not worry! I haff taken care of ze vitness. Yes, yes. Shoot him? What, ar-are you stupid? No, no I am not going to blow ze plane up! I... haff put snakes... on ze plane.
August 23, 2009 02:40AM
Mr. Briggs Inc. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Baddy (Minor)? He was the host to Vol*emort!

True but I still consider Quirrell the main villain since if he disowned Voldemort he'd probably wouldn't be seeking the Sorcerer's Stone. I consider him the film's main villain.
If this was a stand alone film, then Quirrell would be a Baddy (Major). But in terms of the whole Harry Potter series, Quirrell is a Baddy (Minor). On a separate note, there is reason behind the corrosive magic stored in Harry's hands - his mother sacrificed herself to save him, and this sacrifice left a mark in his skin that repels Voldemort as well as his host. It's undeniably strange though, I'll admit.
Damn, that was my comment and I forgot to put my name on it.
Voldemort was already co-existing with Quirrell within Quirrell's body before the break-in at Gringott's, not after. It happened, if memory serves me right, during Quirrell's travel in a forest in Transylvania. The elixir of life was one way for Voldemort to get his own body back and not rely on a weak vessel in Quirrell.

Harry Potter did not work out the puzzle; it just happened that he fulfilled the requirement so the Mirror of Erised gave him the Stone (talk about sheer, dumb luck, as is a common theme in the other movies). Dumbledore explained this in the infirmary scene after Potter asked why it gave him the Stone and not to Quirrell/Voldemort.

IMHO, Potter's actions did not make the other student's hard work meaningless: It was just that Dumbledore showed his gratitude for Harry preventing Voldemort's return (at least for that time). True, the other students may have done spectacularly, but it was Potter and friends who saved not only Hogwarts, but perhaps the whole wizarding world. Besides, to nitpick, it was Neville Longbottom who got the ten points that broke the tie between Gryffindor and Slytherin grinning smiley
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 7?