Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Signs: Alien

Posted by old bluffer 
Signs: Alien
April 28, 2007 02:24PM
Re: Signs: Alien
April 28, 2007 06:09PM
This is still in draft form, and it's not even a very good one.

Bruno! Yes, yes, Lovely to hear from you too! No, no, ze vitness? Do not worry! I haff taken care of ze vitness. Yes, yes. Shoot him? What, ar-are you stupid? No, no I am not going to blow ze plane up! I... haff put snakes... on ze plane.
April 28, 2007 07:15PM
A good review would point out this death is completely ridiculous. Defeated by water? What the hell are they going to do when it rains?

-----------------

My DVD Aficionado page!

My reviews at ThatGuywiththeGlasses.com!
June 25, 2007 11:24PM
Just bumping because this write-up has been officially added and significantly improved upon. And made me burst out loud laughing. Repeatedly.

Bit of spelling glitch, mind - "problably".

-----------------

My DVD Aficionado page!

My reviews at ThatGuywiththeGlasses.com!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2007 11:30PM by Matt.
Monk
July 01, 2007 03:07PM
Signs isn't that bad. I pretty much enjoyed it. By the way, wouldn't offscreen killing count? Oh, and the alien was holding Morgan hostage so they wouyldn't try to kill him, which didn't work.
July 01, 2007 09:42PM
Monk, don't be too offended, that is just my prose style. But if, as you point out, the alien did not want them to kill him, then why the hell did it bother to sustain the family to moderately terrifying events in their house? why not just leave them in peace in the first place?

With regards to the category omission - you are right, it should be off-screen killing, and has been amended accordingly. Thanks for spotting that one!
Bloodylocks
July 05, 2007 02:08AM
Personally I figured this alien was taking revenge because not only were his people getting their asses kicked, but this is the same alien that Mel Gibson's character cut the fingers off of earlier in self defense.
June 16, 2008 04:24AM
I finally saw this movie about a month ago when it aired on TV, and I have to admit I was dissapointed and confused. Why did the wife, who died in a car accident some time before the aliens showed up, know that the aliens were going to show up, threaten her son in thier living room, and that water and a baseball bat would kill it? I could have missed the explanation, I did start to tune this movie out but it didn't seem like it gave a good explanation.
January 20, 2011 11:17PM
I thought this movie was decent. Not good, not bad but for what it is, it's good.

I think that the Alien's archetype should be changed to Creature because they never really do elaborate whether or not it is evil. One thing that I noticed while re watching it was that it gave the boy a gas when he was having an asthmatic attack and the boy later on survives. It was left ambiguous as to whether or not the aliens were evil or wanted peace so whether that gas was a cure or poison is unknown therefore qualifying it for a Creature rating.

Also, yes, the water weakness was retarded.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 24?