Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Million Dollar Baby: Maggie Fitzgerald (Hilary Swank)

Posted by old bluffer 
Million Dollar Baby: Maggie Fitzgerald (Hilary Swank)
April 06, 2007 03:26AM
Re: Million Dollar Baby: Maggie Fitzgerald (Hilary Swank)
April 06, 2007 12:01PM
This doens't give me the same "vibe" as the other Clint Eastwood deaths do, am I crazy? And "Broken Neck" could be attributed to the death since it is what triggered her condition.

Bruno! Yes, yes, Lovely to hear from you too! No, no, ze vitness? Do not worry! I haff taken care of ze vitness. Yes, yes. Shoot him? What, ar-are you stupid? No, no I am not going to blow ze plane up! I... haff put snakes... on ze plane.
April 06, 2007 12:10PM
No! She breaks her neck months before her death, so it doesn't qualify. We keep telling you - time is a factor when assigning categories! That's also why "Sport" doesn't apply either.
April 06, 2007 12:18PM
I know time is a factor, but unlike prehumuous stabbings and gunshots which seemingly cease to have an effect after about 2 minutes, Maggie obviously never recovers from her wound, and if she wasn't paralyzed she wouldn't be hooked up to the fatal machine.

And where is the "adrenaline" mentioned in the "killed with" box? Is it mentioned somewhere in the writeup or is it something scientific that my high-school edumaction does not yet grasp? :confused:

Bruno! Yes, yes, Lovely to hear from you too! No, no, ze vitness? Do not worry! I haff taken care of ze vitness. Yes, yes. Shoot him? What, ar-are you stupid? No, no I am not going to blow ze plane up! I... haff put snakes... on ze plane.
April 06, 2007 12:24PM
Morgan Freeman intones in his gravitas-filled voice that "Frankie put enough adrenaline in the shot to kill her three times over - he didn't want her to go through this again" (or words to that effect).

You have a point about incidents that the character can't possibly recover from, no matter how much time passes - I'll think on it.
April 06, 2007 03:20PM
It all depends.

For instance, in regard's to James Caan's demise in Eraser, Mouseburger said that it could have had multiple categories if any of the things done to Caan's character (stabbed with a thrown knife, etc.) actually had a lasting effect.

In this case, Broken Neck and Sport need to be added. They weren't direct causes of death, but they were indirect causes of death.

-----------------

My DVD Aficionado page!

My reviews at ThatGuywiththeGlasses.com!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2007 02:52PM by Matt.
April 17, 2007 02:13AM

unlike prehumuous stabbings and gunshots which seemingly cease to have an effect after about 2 minutes, Maggie obviously never recovers from her wound, and if she wasn't paralyzed she wouldn't be hooked up to the fatal machine.

I've decided Mr Briggs is right (the law of averages said that had to happen eventually winking smiley ) and have added the missing categories.
April 17, 2007 11:02AM
What about Freeman's narrative? It's still missing.

Hi !

I agree that the end of the story is unexpected. Would I have prefered a simple fairy tale? Maybe ...or maybe not.
Today, 99% of the movies are "entertaining" with no need for displaying the script on the DVD box to guess that all is going to end in happiness.
For the 1% left, I am happy to see that someone can still make a surprising movie with a bitter end....
until Cinema is no longer an art and DVDs become simple cans with a label on it.

Regards,
Denis
You try way too hard to sound intelligent Dennis, your statement misses it's target because of the retarded mingling of nonsense you have going on between your words. Go back to school.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 24?