Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Saving Private Ryan: Captain John Miller (Tom Hanks)

Posted by Mr Mouseburger 
Saving Private Ryan: Captain John Miller (Tom Hanks)
December 24, 2005 03:21PM
Miller isn't shot by just any "anonymous German soldier." He's shot by the very guy he let go earlier in the movie!

Never underestimate Spielberg's talent for cheesy irony!
I thought the german was the guy Corperal Upham let get away after killing Mellish.
Re: Saving Private Ryan: Captain John Miller (Tom Hanks)
August 25, 2006 07:39PM
I think they were the same character. They let the soldier go earlier, he returns, kills Mellish, but doesn't kill Upham, then kills Miller and is then killed by Upham in revenge.
:wall: it so annoys me when people say this! GRRR!

If you went on the Saving private Ryan encyclopedia you would see a comparison of the two guys, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME PERSON!
I know he wasn't killed by just anybody, but we don't know the German soldier's name.
December 24, 2006 08:00PM
He's referred to in the credits as Steamboat Willie.
December 27, 2006 04:27AM
LOL. Thanks for the info.
October 27, 2008 05:54PM
The category "Ironic" should be added to this, as Steamboat Willie (played by a guy named Joerg Stadler, btw) was spared by Miller earlier in the movie.
Very annoying,were they following the military order of detaining POWs? If that really happened why would they let the German soldier go free,later to wreak havoc? I felt as if I was there.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 9 plus 10?