Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Nightmare on Elm Street: Freddy Krueger (Robert Englund)

Posted by Mr Mouseburger 
A Nightmare on Elm Street: Freddy Krueger (Robert Englund)
November 16, 2006 08:34PM
Comments for death : A Nightmare on Elm Street: Freddy Krueger (Robert Englund).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2006 11:53PM by Mr Mouseburger.
Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street: Freddy Krueger (Robert Englund)
November 16, 2006 08:58PM
What combustion? more like "Vanishing Corpse" or "Psi" should this also count as not quite dead or cheating death?

Bruno! Yes, yes, Lovely to hear from you too! No, no, ze vitness? Do not worry! I haff taken care of ze vitness. Yes, yes. Shoot him? What, ar-are you stupid? No, no I am not going to blow ze plane up! I... haff put snakes... on ze plane.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2006 11:53PM by Mr Mouseburger.
November 16, 2006 08:58PM

Nancy and her father rush upstairs to see a flaming man throttling her mum, her father jumps on pair with a blanket, aiming to extinguish the flames the foes is gone and a charred skeleton of her mother sinks into the bed for some unknown reason.

Eh? :question:
Mr. Briggs Inc.
What combustion?

She sets Freddie on fire with petrol.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2006 11:53PM by Mr Mouseburger.
November 16, 2006 10:11PM
It is not psi at all as no psychic powers are used to defeat him. There is an argument for vanishing corpse though, and will add it in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2006 11:54PM by Mr Mouseburger.
November 16, 2006 10:28PM
She killed Freddy through mental power, just not supernatural mental power, which is why I am against adding "Magic".

Bruno! Yes, yes, Lovely to hear from you too! No, no, ze vitness? Do not worry! I haff taken care of ze vitness. Yes, yes. Shoot him? What, ar-are you stupid? No, no I am not going to blow ze plane up! I... haff put snakes... on ze plane.

November 16, 2006 11:29PM
turning your back on someone is not mental power by any stretch of the imagination, unless of course you are Uri Gellar?! winking smiley

Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street: Freddie Krueger (Robert Englund)
November 16, 2006 11:57PM
It's a different kind of mental power, instead of using her mind to defeat him, she simply refused to let him use her mind to get to her, defeating him inside her dream (I think) Otherwise, how did she defeat Freddy?

Also, again, what about "Not Quite Dead"? this was used twice if I am not mistaken, the second being a "Cheating Death" instance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2006 11:58PM by Mr. Briggs Inc..
November 17, 2006 01:04AM
I can see where you're coming from with "mind power", but it isn't really "Psi" as we would normally define it. If Mouse thinks "Unique" should be applied instead I wouldn't argue.

It definitely isn't "Cheating Death" by our definition, as in the context of the film he dies. Obviously he gets resurrected in each of the sequels, but for this film, he is dead.

One thing that struck me when watching this film recently is horror film directors' conviction that shambling killers are somehow more scary than athletic, speedy ones.
If a homicidal maniac with a chainsaw came limping towards me I wouldn't be unduly alarmed, I'd just jog away, confident that he'd have run out of petrol by the time he eventually caught up.

(I know Freddie exists in a dreamworld for most of this film, so he can effectively stagger about as fast as he wants, but I'm talking in general).

But her father checks to see if she is alright and then leaves the room.
John Saxon does make me laugh here. His wife has just been killed in a rather unusual manner, and he just walks off and shuts his daughter in the same room - classic! grinning smiley
November 17, 2006 02:10AM
I can see where you're coming from with "mind power", but it isn't really "Psi" as we would normally define it. If Mouse thinks "Unique" should be applied instead I wouldn't argue.
I'm sorry if I'm acting a bit of a nag about this (I seem to have that tendency, don't I?), but even as unique as the scene was, Nancy's mind was still the weapon she used to kill Krueger

It definitely isn't "Cheating Death" by our definition, as in the context of the film he dies. Obviously he gets resurrected in each of the sequels, but for this film, he is dead.
Of course Robert G. Durant was dead in the context of Darkman as well, but besides this Freddy is still alive by the end of the film, and manages to kill everyone he killed in the film all over again in the final seconds

One thing that struck me when watching this film recently is horror film directors' conviction that shambling killers are somehow more scary than athletic, speedy ones.
Perfect balance - Leatherface, who often shambles around, but still manages to gain very good ground and is completely relentless.

November 17, 2006 02:23AM
I'm beginning to come round to your point of view. We'll see what Mouse says...
I'll add Resurrection to the death - I'd forgotten Freddie eats the teenagers at the end in the form of a convertible!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 3 plus 12?