Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope: Greedo (Paul Blake)

Posted by Mr Mouseburger 
Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope: Greedo (Paul Blake)
November 15, 2006 11:01PM
Re: Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope: Greedo (Paul Blake)
November 15, 2006 11:05PM
This death is ruined in the Special Edition.

Hence why the Theatrical Version (among reasons) is always the disc out of the Limited Edition I choose.

"I've been waiting for this a long time..."
"Yeah, I bet you have!"
*BANG!*
November 15, 2006 11:50PM
Actually, Mouseburger, you are transcribing the special edition version of the death. The one in the theatrical version has Han shooting Greedo before he has a chance to think about executing Han.
November 16, 2006 12:10AM
"Mexican Standoff"?

Bruno! Yes, yes, Lovely to hear from you too! No, no, ze vitness? Do not worry! I haff taken care of ze vitness. Yes, yes. Shoot him? What, ar-are you stupid? No, no I am not going to blow ze plane up! I... haff put snakes... on ze plane.
Yup, it's true. Han shot first!

How did Lucas think shooting first didn't fit his character and change it to "self-defense"? I'd say it already was self-defense. You have a guy holding you at gunpoint, shooting him before he can shoot you at any given time during the situation is still self-defense.
November 16, 2006 05:28AM
On the risk of the comments for this getting way out of hand, I think (in the least) an annotation about the difference between SE and regular might be a good idea. winking smiley
November 16, 2006 12:30PM
Perhaps we need that "alternate death scene" category now?

Bruno! Yes, yes, Lovely to hear from you too! No, no, ze vitness? Do not worry! I haff taken care of ze vitness. Yes, yes. Shoot him? What, ar-are you stupid? No, no I am not going to blow ze plane up! I... haff put snakes... on ze plane.
November 18, 2006 10:58PM
I don't know how many of you read the expanded universe books, but in the Legacy of the Force series - which is the latest series this whole Han / Greedo thing has been turned into a running joke of sorts.

First in Betrayal, an old friend asks Princess Leia if Han was ok, to which she replied, "He's fine. Han shot first." Then in Bloodlines Boba Fett told Han that, "You should learn to shoot first Solo."
November 20, 2006 07:39AM

(my particular favourite has to be the wolfman who looks like he escaped from the lot of a rather unconvincing horror movie!)
The wolfman was replaced with a CGI creature in the Special Editions.

What about Gunfight? It is two people shooting at each other (in the SE at least).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2006 07:41AM by Matt.
November 20, 2006 08:16PM
The wolfman can be seen in the background of the first picture!!

have added gunpoint smiling smiley
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 13?