Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Frogs: Jason Crockett (Ray Milland)

Posted by old bluffer 
Frogs: Jason Crockett (Ray Milland)
October 02, 2006 12:28PM
Re: Frogs: Jason Crockett (Ray Milland)
October 02, 2006 12:31PM
Apologies to Mr Briggs, but I heavily rewrote your submission. The reason was that I felt strongly that this film was so bad that people should be warned away from it, and your review was altogether too detailed a treatment than it deserved.

Also falling from a wheelchair doesn't qualify for the "falling" category - but we probably do need a Heart Attack category at some point.
October 02, 2006 12:33PM
Also @ Mr Briggs - damn your eyes man! Mouse and I endured this film because of your submission. You owe us 90 minutes of life each! grinning smiley
October 02, 2006 10:52PM
How about I recommend a different film of equal or lesser value? grinning smiley

I, personally think that although this movie was none too good this was a high point of horror of the film. Besides if this is 6%, how in the hell does greenhouse man score higher?? the rest of the deaths were incredibly mediocre (and implausible to boot). I guess some people just don't like mixing realism with escapism. (To tell the truth I would be a bit ticked if the from were giant and mutated, it would just become cheesier. Although it would be good if they at least had some sort of contagious disease (maybe from the sludge) to make them a bit more threatening).

I mainly put falling because age is taken into consideration in Pa Crockett's case. As for "Heart Attack" I was lead to believe that this was covered by "Disease". Also, why Unsatisfying? Again, it was the most memorable death scene in the whole film! Again in the category department, the killer should be listed as "Frogs". Just one more gripe for now, a bit of a petty one, my name is not bolded or italicized.

P.S. Apologies to any nekrophilles who wish to see the full write-up in it's detailed glory, 'tis one of the few I did not keep in a wordpad document.

P.P.S. Apparently animals WERE harmed in the making of this film, I see no indication otherwise.

Bruno! Yes, yes, Lovely to hear from you too! No, no, ze vitness? Do not worry! I haff taken care of ze vitness. Yes, yes. Shoot him? What, ar-are you stupid? No, no I am not going to blow ze plane up! I... haff put snakes... on ze plane.
October 02, 2006 11:13PM
>Besides if this is 6%, how in the hell does greenhouse man score higher??
We keep telling you the ratings are subjective, but at some point we will let the unwashed masses (such as your good self) rate the deaths, and it will all become moot winking smiley.
To answer your question, I heavily penalised this death as it was the climax of the film and it left me feeling very disappointed (although I was glad the film was over). There was nothing clever about it, there was just a load of croaking toads and an elderly character that existed solely to be killed at the end of the film had a heart attack. There were no decent last words, he wasn't in any danger and he didn't even manage to take out a solitary tadpole with him before he snuffed it. In summary, if any death deserved an "Unsatisfying" rating it was this one.
The greenhouse scene, by comparison, amused me due to the premeditated nature of a bunch of lizards ambushing a dumb human with a relatively sophisticated chemical attack.

>To tell the truth I would be a bit ticked if the from were
>giant and mutated, it would just become cheesier.
Then this is where we differ. When I want to watch lots of footage of reptiles, I switch to Animal Planet. What this film desperately needed was far more cheese.

>my name is not bolded or italicized.
I'll sort that out.

>Apparently animals WERE harmed in the making of this film, I see no
>indication otherwise.
Agreed, I fully expected to see a disclaimer saying "Less than 100 reptiles were harmed during the making of this film".

>Apologies to any nekrophilles who wish to see the full
>write-up in it's detailed glory, 'tis one of the few I did not
>keep in a wordpad document.
On this matter, I can oblige you...
Here is the unabridged version of Mr. Briggs submission:

Frogs is an O.K. film with standard acting, but this acting often goes down the drain during this film's death scenes, in fact, their is only one remarkable one in the film. The elderly and wheelchair-confined, nature-hating head of family, Jason Crockett arguably gets his just desserts for his utter disrespect of God's secondary creatures when the frogs take their vengeance out on the waste-dumping millionaire.

While few characters barely escape from the mansion in the swamp with their lives, the stubborn Crockett patriarch is alone in his descision to stay in his cozy soon-to-become-estate. At night, the old man is listening to a record of band music while the number of frogs outside steadily increases. suddenly, one comes crashing through a window, frightening Crockett, then one hops upon his record, sending it to a slow stop, Crockett quickly shoos that one away, but leaves the needle off, leaving the frogs' eerie ribbits as the only noise in the house.

Jason's dog, colonel, whimpers, and Crockett angrily silences him. Since the frogs have been croaking for days at a time now, Crockett feels the need for slight comfort, he pours some liquor into a glass and takes a swig.

It is only now he begins to notice the various trophies from big-game hunts that decorate the walls of his study, they seem to come to life, glaring at Crockett with piercing eyes. The phones rings, and Crockett wheels over to the receiver only to discovery that there is no one on the other line. "It can't be dead," he frightendly says to himself, "it rang!" It seems that in his situation, he is going cuckoo from the solitude, as well as the maddening croaking of the frogs as they begin to fill the Crockett home.

Colonel wisely leaves seeing that the frogs now have overtaken the entirety of Jason Crockett's study. Crockett is now sweating with terror as his head turns back and forth seeing frogs on every shelf and table of his room. Suddenly, the heads on the wall begin to emit noise once again, blending in with the frogs increasingly louder croaks. The boar grunts, the mountain lion roars, the eagle shrieks, the bearskin rug growls and even the fish on a plaque screams as Crockett groans in terror! Beside himself with fear and agony, he excrutiatingly lifts himself off his wheelchair in hopes for some sort of escape, but only falls to the floor. The frogs quickly cover Crockett's chair as well as Jason himself as their irritating croaking becomes unbearable! Jason Crockett convulses and lets out a final grunt before he lays still on the floor, the croaking elevated to a high pitched buzz now as the mansion's lights go out and the screen fades to black.
October 02, 2006 11:51PM
Thanks, now what about "Frogs" under the killer? (even if they were probably just playing with the old man! smiling smiley)

Bruno! Yes, yes, Lovely to hear from you too! No, no, ze vitness? Do not worry! I haff taken care of ze vitness. Yes, yes. Shoot him? What, ar-are you stupid? No, no I am not going to blow ze plane up! I... haff put snakes... on ze plane.
March 18, 2007 03:14PM
OB, will there be any chance of grabs, or are you too afraid to go through this cinematic turd again?

-----------------

My DVD Aficionado page!

My reviews at ThatGuywiththeGlasses.com!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2007 03:15PM by Matt.
March 18, 2007 05:14PM
There will definitely be grabs, but I need to plunder Mouse's DVD collection first. There are at least ten others I plan on stealing!
April 15, 2007 05:11PM
I can't believe I just watched this scene again to add grabs...
April 15, 2007 05:22PM
I take it this is one film you'll be glad to see the back of. winking smiley The movie I despise? Ocean's 12 Watching a film about pyschic frogs sounds better than watching that film again...

-----------------

My DVD Aficionado page!

My reviews at ThatGuywiththeGlasses.com!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 16 plus 22?