Emilio Largo:"what happened?"
Quist:"i let him get the better of me and i failed."
Emilio Largo:"you let him get the better of you."
*Largo orders Quist thrown into his shark pool*
Quist:"No!No!please forgive me!No!Largo!No!No!"
*the sharks maul Quist to death*
Re: Thunderball: Quist (Bill Cummings)
January 03, 2006 04:41AM
wouldn't this sort of count as "execution"?
January 10, 2006 05:00PM
how many scenes has Quist been in?3 or 4?
January 14, 2006 08:28AM
This murder added substantially to Largo's score - he'd had the real pilot killed with gas, cut the fake pilot's airhose with a knife and had Quint thrown to the sharks. Some have said that he was not quite sinister enough to be a true Bond villain - I disagree - this fellow had class!!!!!
January 14, 2006 08:20PM
purpleheart_2003 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This murder added substantially to Largo's score -
> he'd had the real pilot killed with gas, cut the
> fake pilot's airhose with a knife and had Quint
> thrown to the sharks. Some have said that he was
> not quite sinister enough to be a true Bond
> villain - I disagree - this fellow had class!!!!!!

i think you mean Largo had Quist thrown to the sharks.

January 14, 2006 10:20PM
Mr. Brigg's ink
May 14, 2006 04:12PM

damn typos!
Or are they? It is important to note that Quint is also a Bond villain himself leading to even more questions, I sense a 3-way conspiracy is took place from 1962 (Shaw starred in frwl) to 1991 (Cummings directed a low-budget "in da' hood" TV movie)

In news that makes considerably more sense, I must support quote-master Eicholtz in saying that this would count as "Execution", this is punishment for Quist's failure to kill Bond. "Devoured" is another relevant category.

In regards to the death itself, just another S.P.E.C.T.R.E. execution, nothing different than Kronsteen or #9 other than the methods. I thought Largo was a bit more merciless and brutal than Blofeld himself. This is most apparent when Largo has an associate killed just to escape paying him, this is even apparent in the novel where the Palazzi character (Petacchi) does not even ask for more pay as in the film. The shark scene that would later be copied, parodied, (and even improved!) numerous times. But Largo used the original Bondian shark execution and did not deserve to be played by whiny-sounding Klaus Maria Branduaer 18 years later in sub-standard somewhat-remake Never Say Never Again.

Another problem, the picture icon is present on the death but there are none in the actual review itself.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 7 plus 12?