Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Who Framed Roger Rabbit: Toon Shoe

Posted by Mr Mouseburger 
Who Framed Roger Rabbit: Toon Shoe
May 21, 2006 12:41AM
Re: Who Framed Roger Rabbit: Toon Shoe
May 21, 2006 11:28AM
This death scene always scared me as a kid, and although I loved the character of Roger Rabbit and Eddie Valiant, I would at times refuse to watch the film for fear of the scene with the poor toon shoe. At the very least, it made me glad to see Doom get what was coming to him at the end.
Mr. Briggs Incorporated
May 21, 2006 05:53PM
Nancy Cartwright provided the pitiful-sounding squeaking.

I suppose since he was a judge, this would count as execution, but usually the deceased had to be under the killer's authority or do something to trigger the killer's vengeance, the shoe just annoyed him.

As for pointless;

We therefore don't include people who are killed just to show that the killer is good at killing. In other words, these will be *really* pointless deaths.

This demonstrated the effectiveness of the dip, just what would happen to roger had Doom caught him.

May 21, 2006 09:22PM
Yeah, and as I said, it makes the viewer really, really hate Doom and want to see him die the worst possible death.
Chalk me in for the "Not Pointless" camp too. :-)

If Judge Doom was such a big bastard that a toon shoe merely rubbing against him would court such a terrible demise at Doom's hands, well, we can be assured that Roger Rabbit would suffer a no less unpleasant fate....
Jen
November 08, 2006 06:25AM
Ugh, my sister refuses to watch this movie for this death alone. It sometimes used to give her nightmares.
As well as the demonstration of what this does to toons, it does provide a hint (glove) toward the twist in the ending. Not pointless.
OMG THAT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAD! MY SISTER LENA NEARLY CRIED ALL THE WATER OUT OF HERSELF! SHE THEN HAD A DREAM ABOUT MYRA, ANOTHER OF MY SISTERS, TRANSFORMING INTO ALERELRA KENEL AND TRYING TO KILL HER! POOR LENA!:crying::crying:
December 29, 2006 01:01PM
heh, it's cool to see I'm not the only one who had sympathy for the poor squeaky. I replayed that scene in my head for months after seeing the movie, and I was subconsciously reminded of it whenever my dog would play with a sqeak toy.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 12?