Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mission: Impossible III: Owen Davian (Philip Seymour Hoffman)

Posted by old bluffer 
Mission: Impossible III: Owen Davian (Philip Seymour Hoffman)
May 08, 2006 12:49AM
"The most anticipated film of the year" and we spoil important plot details already, I dare not look!
Re: Mission: Impossible III: Owen Davian (Philip Seymour Hoffman)
May 08, 2006 12:50PM
Actually, I don't believe I have spoiled any plot elements, other than for people that weren't expecting a final scene where Tom Cruise kills the baddie!

Pretty much the whole point of the review is to point out that there really isn't any plot to spoil. In fact, they honestly could have shown each action sequence in a completely different order with minimal dialogue changes, and it wouldn't have made much difference.
May 09, 2006 02:03PM
This was a laughably poor film - I think you can tell when something is bad if the audience feels no empathy with the main character and by the end want the baddie to win. Hoffman, for his incredibly limited screen time, actually portrayed a menacing villain really well, and i was more interested in him winning the final fight than Cruise. I knew this was never going to be the case though, although i held out some hope Cruise might die in a blaze of glory at the end, which was predictably dashed by the Hollywood hacks who can sniff another film in the franchise.

The lack of explanation of what the MacGuffin was too also meant i did not feel Davian was a significant threat to mankind to want him to be defeated.
Capote there looks like a dork, then I have never seen either film, concerning the death, as with most mission impossible films it looks bland ("Run Down" not "Crash").
I think davian deserved his death. he was cruel and when ethan was interrogating him, he just threatened to kill who ever his loved one is and kill him infront of her make her bleed and call his name. then he kidnapped her and ordred him to bring the rabbits foot or she dies and killed someone dressed as julia and beat the crap out of ethan and said he would now kill julie in front of him. then he beat up davian and they fell out on to the street and when a truck came by ethan held davian up and Davain at last died and just his shoe was there. I bet his body was scattered. davian finnally got what he deserved.
February 06, 2007 02:48AM
I agree, run over not crash.
Yes, a bit of a disappointing death for a very good actor, and the fight is indeed too quick and not nearly as thrilling as it could have been. I'm also wondering why Mission: Impossible 3 is included on this site but Mission: Impossible 2 has been disregarded! We need a writeup for the death of Sean Ambrose!!
If I'm perfectly honest, I found this death hilarious. It was the loud beep just before Davian gets hit, the screeching of the tires after the collision and Davian's shoe landing on the road that made it amusing.
I'd love to see what Davian's body looked like after the crash. The vehicle hit him with such force I'll bet there'd be absolute carnage.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 17 plus 21?