Advanced

X-Men: Sabretooth (Tyler Mane)

Posted by Mr Mouseburger 
X-Men: Sabretooth (Tyler Mane)
April 04, 2006 09:48PM
commanderblue
Re: X-Men: Sabretooth (Tyler Mane)
September 19, 2006 02:50AM
His fall is controversial of course. No one knows if he is really dead or not, but knowing him and that the character wouldn't go out so easily, I'd say he survived that 300 foot fall.
September 20, 2006 03:45PM
I should emphasise the part about "300 ft. fall"...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2006 03:45PM by Matt.
December 03, 2006 11:13AM
Sabretooth's healing abilities rival Wolverine's. He can survive a 300' fall. The only way he would have died is if he was unconcious long enough to drown.

As evidence that he did not in fact die, I offer the X-Men 2 novelisation, which mentions Sabretooth (in passing) as the subject of a nationwide manhunt. Being that this novelisation was written by Chris Claremont, who wrote X-Men comics for over 15 years and created Sabretooth in the first place, I'm willing to trust his knowledge of just how tough Sabretooth is.
December 03, 2006 12:35PM
But we are not judging these films by novelizations, we are judging them by the films themselves. Sabretooth has never returned, so we can say he's dead. The X3 novelization mentions a character teleporting before she gets disintegrated, but in the film she disintegrates.
December 03, 2006 08:19PM
Possibly, but I would've also put not quite dead yet.

As X-Men fans and superhero fans alike, we all would like to see the characters have the similar traits to their comic book counterparts, thus the majority assume he is probably alive
December 03, 2006 08:48PM
But how do we know that he isn't dead? These are films, not the comic books. Different rules apply.
Dexter
April 26, 2008 02:59AM
According to the official Novelization of the film X2: X-Men United and the comic book prequel tie-in, Sabretooth survived the incident, was the subject of an international manhunt, and had a brief confrontation with Logan to talk about their shared history.
And besides, anyone who knows Sabretooth from the comics knows that such a fall would do little more than make him mad.
April 28, 2008 03:23AM
Yeah, but like other villains who have been revealed to have survived in sequels or other material, he's still a goner as far as this movie is concerned.

And if you wanna talk about novelizations, the novelization of the first movie has Logan being pretty certain falling off of Lady Liberty would be a long enough drop to kill even him (or, best case scenario, injure him so badly he "won't be any good to anybody for a long time"winking smiley. Not only does Sabretooth fall the same distance Logan dreaded falling in the book, he's also hit almost point-blank by Cyclops' heat vision and blasted through solid metal before falling several stories and crashing through a boat.

If Logan thought simply falling would potentially kill him, then I'd say that as far as this film is concerned, all bets are off for Sabretooth considering what he goes through before the actual fall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Movie Deaths Gallery: [smg.photobucket.com]
DVD Collection: [kooshmeister.dvdaf.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2008 03:25AM by Kooshmeister.
Sabertooth has a similar healing factor as wolverine, he wouldn't die from something so weak.

plus being certain you are going to die.. and actually being able to die from it are two diffrent things. Wolverine and Sabertooth could fall out of a plane and not die >.> still not enough to actually kill Sabertooth.. hell it would take a lot before either of the two are close to death.

given both could take a beating from juggernaut and live this is a moot point.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 1?