Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Under Siege 2: Travis Dane (Eric Bogosian)

Posted by Mr Mouseburger 
Under Siege 2: Travis Dane (Eric Bogosian)
June 18, 2005 12:00AM
Re: Under Siege 2: Travis Dane (Eric Bogosian)
March 30, 2006 03:27PM
I watched this film for the fist time last night, and laughed all the way through - it was a worth addition to the Seagal portfolio winking smiley.
I agree this death was unsatisfying, even more so as Travis Dane was actually a rather amusing villain. It was a total copout to have such a supposed super-genius to not realise that pointing his mobile phone at a gunman was a bad idea.
man in the universe
May 13, 2006 04:36AM
And the special effects were so bad they were funny!
man in the universe
May 22, 2006 04:36AM
The 'combustion' symbol looks almost identical to Dane's death scene. Just add a mop of curly black hair.
November 03, 2007 01:24AM
I just watched this again, and either the writeup is wrong or BBC 1 have censored Dane's fingers getting sliced off! Does anyone have the DVD to confirm this?

I'd also forgotted how blatantly the mobile phone is offered to Ryback as a target. Dane actually has it taped to the outside of his laptop, in plain view.

The whole "dark territory" plot hole is hilarious too. They must mention it ten times.

Mouseburger is also right about the jogging, Ryback really isn't fussed that all the carriages are getting disintegrated behind him, he just casually lopes along to the end and then takes a blind leap of faith. There is absolutely no way he could have anticipated the rope ladder that suddenly appears, but seems blissfully confident that something will happen to save his life. It's that kind of thing that makes Seagal's death in Executive Decision all the more enjoyable.
November 03, 2007 06:54AM
Bluffer, yes, his fingers are definitely cut off.
November 03, 2007 09:42AM
old bluffer
I just watched this again, and either the writeup is wrong or BBC 1 have censored Dane's fingers getting sliced off! Does anyone have the DVD to confirm this?
Yeah, BBC1's version is cut fairly similarly (they left the odd censored bit in) to the 2 minutes the BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) cut out to grant the film an 18. Dane's fingers being sliced off was one of the absurd cuts they made.

Here's the complete list: [www.worldwidedvdforums.com]

-----------------

My DVD Aficionado page!

My reviews at ThatGuywiththeGlasses.com!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2007 09:45AM by Matt.
April 11, 2009 11:57PM
Dismemberment (belatedly) added.
Yep, I have this movie on DVD and his the scene where his fingers is sliced off has been cut. I remember a few years ago in South Africa they showed the uncut version. So when I watched it on DVD I was a little confused as to why some of the most violent scenes were cut.
February 20, 2012 01:16AM
The cell phone was not bouncing off cell phone towers. It was connected to the invisible satellite dish Dane had set-up in the train. It was partially burned after Rybacks first attack, and obviously survived the grenade enough to still function.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 4 plus 16?