Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Do we do enough to stop spoilers?

Posted by old bluffer 
Do we do enough to stop spoilers?
November 14, 2007 07:01PM
A recent poster had a film spoiled for them by browsing the draft database.
Any feedback on how we can help prevent that happening again in future would be appreciated. Maybe an extra message above the main death listings?

OB
Re: Do we do enough to stop spoilers?
November 14, 2007 07:18PM
I think that would be good. I think making the spoiler warning more obvious would be a good start. I'd suggest putting it on the front page listings as well, because those deaths are usually the first place people look at.

Another idea is in the Deaths section, having the deaths appear when you click the title (like on the "Films with most deaths" page), rather than having all the character names appear at once. This way you can avoid people seeing particularly recognisable character names. It also allows more films to fit on the page and look neater. But then again, this is quite an extreme revamp.

-----------------

My DVD Aficionado page!

My reviews at ThatGuywiththeGlasses.com!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2007 07:20PM by Matt.
bill school
November 14, 2007 08:36PM
Maybe a huge spoiler warning on the front page?

btw, I didn't rally care about the movie. No big deal. winking smiley
November 14, 2007 09:17PM
I would think people should already assume that they may have a film spoiled by coming to any kind of movie review site, I don't think we need any more warning.

Bruno! Yes, yes, Lovely to hear from you too! No, no, ze vitness? Do not worry! I haff taken care of ze vitness. Yes, yes. Shoot him? What, ar-are you stupid? No, no I am not going to blow ze plane up! I... haff put snakes... on ze plane.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2007 09:18PM by Mr. Briggs Inc..
November 14, 2007 11:26PM
It's all my fault... I don't really mind. I was just poking around just for fun.

-----------------------------------
The name's Bond, James Bond.
[billtheman.dvdaf.com]

Mr. Briggs Incorporated
November 15, 2007 12:22AM
You have nothing to feel sorry for, you provoked a harmless discussion and perhaps a minor solution smiling smiley
November 15, 2007 10:49PM
I agree with Mr. Briggs. The very fact we say "such-and-such character dies" is a spoiler. That there will be spoilers on a website that exists to recap death scenes should be a foregone conclusion. smiling smiley
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 18 plus 15?