Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Forum Game - Creature Attack!

Posted by old bluffer 
Forum Game - Creature Attack!
September 21, 2006 02:33PM
(This game is inspired by something Mouseburger said a while ago)

The rules are simple:
- you can only post after someone else, ie: you can't post twice in succession.
- you have to post the name of a real film, whose one-word title is the main killing creature in that movie.
- descriptive names don't qualify, eg: "Jaws" isn't allowed, but "Sharks" would be (if it existed).
- sequels of the same name don't count, so if there were a movie called "Sharks", you couldn't then post "Sharks 2".
- creature names don't count either, so Shakma wouldn't be allowed.
- a short overview or comment on the films you post is encouraged.

You get one point for each legal title you post. If you are too stupid to read the rules you'll get docked a point for each illegal title (clemency will be applied for grey areas).

I'll go first: Slugs - I've only seen this once on TV, and found it thoroughly enjoyable. The slugs aren't even enlarged if I remember correctly, they ooze out of your taps! grinning smiley.

Who's next?

OB

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2006 02:37PM by old bluffer.
Re: Forum Game - Creature Attack!
September 21, 2006 03:47PM
Frogs - I have never seen this, but it is one i have often dreamed about putting into my DVD collection.

With a tagline "Today the pond, tomorrow the world" you would have to be crazy not to want to see it. Are we allowed to post more than one??

If so,

Piranha 2 - ok, i have intentially missed the first film of this franchise out, but only because the sequel is much more entertaining to write about. Hollywood decided that the peril of a water based predator was distincly limited, as people with common sense would just avoid going in the water, thereby eliminating the peril. To get around this, they mutated the piranhas and gave them wings (yes, you heard me right!). Now noone is safe from them, although if memory serves, they seemd to focus in hunting women with large breasts and skimpy bikinis. [Doesn't count as you posted out of turn, plus you lose an extra point as I'd already posted this when you edited your post! :rolleyes: - OB]

Alligator - one of my faves, a baby alligator flushed down the loo manages to survive on illegally dumped steroid injected dog carcasses (as you do), and grows into a 30ft monster. Particular mention to the have-a-go hero who decides to confront Ramone (the Alligator) with a kitchen knife. It does not take a genius to work out the outcome, his write up will be added here soon!! winking smiley [Doesn't count as you posted out of turn - OB]

I have more, but i want to encourage a few other posters! grinning smiley

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2006 07:59PM by old bluffer.
September 21, 2006 03:59PM
I'll get rid of an obvious one: Piranha - although much to my shame I've never seen the installment where the piranhas have grown wings.
September 21, 2006 05:56PM
This could be a grey area,

Orca
- Following on from the smash hit sensation that was Jaws, the industry decided to make another sea peril movie. Obviously another shark film would be too much of a copy of Jaws, and so the writers got their heads together and came up with a killer whale (yes they are significantly different to killer sharks; one is a fish, one is a mammal!!) terrorising a hunter who has killed his wife and child. That is right, whales have feelings too!

tagline: The killer whale is one of the most intelligent creatures in the universe. Incredibly, he is the only animal other than man who kills for revenge. He has one mate, and if she is harmed by man, he will hunt down that person with a relentless, terrible vengeance - across seas, across time, across all obstacles. Note from Mouseburger: erm, apart from if the obstacle is land

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2006 06:10PM by Mr Mouseburger.
September 21, 2006 07:57PM
Mouseburger you pudding, I'm docking you two points for editing your post to add two more deaths, plus an extra point for adding a film I'd already posted! FFS, were the rules that difficult to understand?!
The puts you on -1 points.

And I post Bats, which is on my "Watch soon" pile of DVDs :evil:
September 21, 2006 08:00PM
that is utterly harsh, as there is nothing in the rules to say i cant post multiple entries, and also, i edited my post at the same time as your post about piranha!!
September 21, 2006 09:33PM
I should ask how exactly is this a game?

But as long as I'm here I'll be onorthodox and post "Trucks", bastard cousin to Maximum Overdrive.

P.S. sorry if I ruined anything in Frogs for you, Mousebluffer.

Bruno! Yes, yes, Lovely to hear from you too! No, no, ze vitness? Do not worry! I haff taken care of ze vitness. Yes, yes. Shoot him? What, ar-are you stupid? No, no I am not going to blow ze plane up! I... haff put snakes... on ze plane.
September 22, 2006 10:35AM
> I should ask how exactly is this a game?
It has rules, it's just for fun, sounds like a game to me!

I'm disallowing Trucks, as they don't sound like creatures to me winking smiley

Aliens - still the definitive aliens film, with a style that no other series has been able to imitate, even though they've tried.

OB
September 22, 2006 11:49AM
The trucks were arguably living beings in the movie, I'm just trying to bring some variety into the "one-word-title" part.

Gremlins sabotage the ship that the aliens were on, blowing it to kingdom come.

Bruno! Yes, yes, Lovely to hear from you too! No, no, ze vitness? Do not worry! I haff taken care of ze vitness. Yes, yes. Shoot him? What, ar-are you stupid? No, no I am not going to blow ze plane up! I... haff put snakes... on ze plane.
September 22, 2006 06:16PM
Octopus - 8 tentacles of deep sea terror awaits the viewers of this film. Nuclear sub, leaking material, exposed wildlife, join up the dots, and this is what you get.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2006 06:16PM by Mr Mouseburger.
September 23, 2006 08:19PM
Hobgoblins, the lamest Critters/Gremlins ripoff ever. Teenaged security guard unleashes space aliens (little furry green hand puppets) who make people's fantasies come true, then kill them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2006 08:20PM by Kooshmeister.
September 29, 2006 06:14PM
In keeping with the D&D Monster Manual theme, I will have Leprechaun - Jennifer Aniston's finest work after "Office Space" smiling smiley
I especially like the fact that the leprechaun can be easily distracted just by throwing shoes at him, as he is an obsessive cobbler - this apparent weakness doesn't stop him killing loads of foolish characters of course.

I am quite keen to get hold of Hobgoblins by the way, and the sequel - as IMDB rank it as the worst fantasy horror film in history cool smiley.

OB
September 29, 2006 08:41PM
That's "Troll".

October 02, 2006 12:11AM
I am a purist and will add only real creatures, so:

Leeches - the premise is similar to countless other creature films; steroid enhanced blood turns these leeches into supersize beasties, who then terrorise an entire campus. It is only marginally higher scoring than Hobgoblins.....
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 6?